Caring for your timber floor
At Instyle Floors, we supply and install only the highest quality timber products. Our floors and doors will last a lifetime, provided you care for them properly.
Regular cleaning & maintenance
- Clean your floor regularly to protect from scratches and preserve its appearance. We recommend a mop to remove dirt, grit and dust. Alternatively, you can use a vacuum with a soft head which won’t scratch the surface of your floor.
- Never use bleach, ammonia or caustic-based household cleaners (eg: White King, Domestos) on your new floor, as these can cause staining and distortion. If you’re unsure about which products to use, our friendly team will be happy to assist. We stock a natural range of cleaning products and can recommend the best product for your particular floor.
- Moving furniture? Protect your floor from scratching by covering all furniture with protective padding or felt feet before moving.
- Consider investing in a rug or hall runner to provide extra protection for your timber floor, especially in high traffic areas.
- Be careful with fats, oils and greasy foods, as these can permanently stain your timber floor. If a spillage occurs, clean up immediately using the spot cleaner recommended by your Instyle Floors consultant.
Download our free WOCA guides for more tips on how to get the best results with your floor:
WOCA Usage Guide Updated Domestic
WOCA Usage Guide Updated Commercial
WOCA Maintenance Guide Lacquered Floors
Scratching & denting
- Repair oils can be purchased from our Essendon showroom, or posted for a small fee. Contact us for more information.
- If your existing floor becomes excessively scratched, our professional team can help repair it. Discuss your needs with us.
Have a question? Get in touch.
Contact us anytime for more information about maintenance or aftercare for your timber floors.